Optimizing Lightroom Classic

Last updated on November 14, 2019

Alan Hunt

    Thanks, David. I finally had time to take a look at this. I started checking into Lightroom Cache. I had it set to 50 GB on an SSD and had seen no improvement, but I noticed that my SSD had just a little bit of free space. When I looked at the folder that holds the cache file, I saw two cache folders. One was was last modified in January. and it was 22 GB. I changed the LR Cache size to 20 GB, shut Lightroom down, deleted both Cache folders, and restarted LR and I have seen performance back to where it used to be.

    Thanks, again.

    Alan Hunt